Well here we are, day number three of self quarantine and upholding our promise of social distancing. I know our days look a little more gloomy and scary right now but the truth is, I needed these quarantine days to finally push me into finishing these last lingering projects.
Such as, getting this blog up and running! Yay! Another thing I thought about is all the time I have over the next few weeks to do some online shopping and decorating for the Spring and Summer!
As I am sure we all love a clean and freshly decorated home, now is a great time to browse online for sales and discounts that business owners are running to keep their doors open!
Kill two birds with one stone, right! Here are my top picks that I am buying for Spring to revamp our living room!
- I am IN LOVE with this beautiful Joss & Main rug. I am planning to use this in our dining room actually, to replace the current one that is too small for the space. Last year we bought a beautiful mahogany table from a local estate shop here in Savannah, and I am slowing changing out the room to look more Neo-Traditional.
- Ever since we got married, I have been slowly working my way through the house, changing out engagement pictures for wedding pictures, without making our house look like a shrine to us (haha). When I found this picture frame, I thought it was the perfect size for our fireplace mantle. Nothing too big and flashy, but just enough to showcase the beautiful landscape that surrounded us in the Dominican, and is reflected in our wedding photos.
- I believe all types of flowers brighten up any room, faux or not. Sadly for me, I cannot keep flowers alive for more than a few hours, so I am a faux fan all the day! These beautiful pink roses are perfect for our side table. Not over powering but just enough to add a small pop of color to the space.
- Botanicals, botanicals, botanicals! Need I say more! These are going above our fireplace….like now!
- Although my husband hates them, I believe pillows are one of the easiest and most comfortable ways to change up any living space! I already ordered these Charlotte Moss White Floral Pillow Covers and they are gorgeous! I will be ordering the Light Green Pillow Covers next week! They come as a set of 2 which is perfect for our couch!
- Trays are my best friend! They are the perfect place for catch alls, magazines that I haven’t finished reading, or pens and notepads for when I am brainstorming new ideas.
- Lastly, my favorite, favorite designer, James Farmer is releasing his newest coffee table book, Arriving Home, and I CANNOT WAIT to get my hands on it! You can pre-order it now and I am looking forward to stacking it alongside his other book that I love, A Place To Call Home.
- Over the next few years I want to take my time investing in beautiful books that can share inspiration but also serve as decor in our space. I argue with myself often that they are just one other thing I have to dust, but lately I have grown very fond of how amazing they look when styled correctly. After my investment with James Farmer, I plan to invest in another man….Mark Sikes!
Let me know in the comments below what you think of my style picks! Do you have any favorites you are keeping your eye on? Etsy is a fantastic source right now as you are helping artists and makers who need your support during this difficult time.
Don’t forget to shop smart and shop local when you can!
Stay Salty & Sweet,